Chicken Pasta Primavera
1 tbsp Olive Oil
4 small (3/4 lb) Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
60 g Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Red pepper, sliced in strips
220 g Mushrooms, sliced
1 Zucchini, sliced
2 tbsp can (14oz or about 400 g) Tomatoes, diced
60 ml Balsamic (or red wine) vinegar
60 ml White wine
1 tsp Italian seasoning
220 g Rotini (spiral macaroni)
30 g Parmesan (or Feta) Cheese, grated
1. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick fry-pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper and brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, garlic, red pepper, mushrooms, & zucchini to the same pan and saute until vegetables begin to soften, 2 - 3 mins.
3. Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, wine & Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
4. Add pasta, making sure that the liquid covers it. Return chicken pieces. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 to 25 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked through.
5. Spinkle with Parmesan (or Feta) cheese, cook for 5 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Each serving of 1/4th recipe:
This recipe is from www.diabetes.co.uk