1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms
½ cup of chopped onion
½ tablespoon of cooking oil
½ 15-ozs can of low-sodium tomato sauce
½ 6-ozs can of low-sodium tomato paste
½ teaspoon of dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
½ cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
½ 10-oz package of chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the mushrooms and onions until they are tender.
3. Stir in the tomato sauce, the tomato paste, the oregano, and the basil.
4. Stir together the cottage cheese and ½ cup of cheddar.
5. Oil a rectangular baking dish and layer the pasta in the following order: 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture, 1/3 of the spinach, 1/3 of the tomato mixture.
6. Sprinkle the cheddar on top of the layers.
7. Bake uncovered for approximately 30 minutes and leave to stand briefly before serving.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
3g Saturated Fat
From Diabetes UK